Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Journal * 3 - Elvira feat Balan Kashmir - Simple Love MTV





I recently did a video with an artiste called Elvira :) And the video is the FRESH.

Elvira is an artiste signed to R Records which is managed and ran by Reshmonu. This song was penned by Elvira herself and arranged by D'Navigator.

I was not apart of the plan. I was sleeping in the studio when they were recording the song. I went to the shugar studio because Navigator was there. And seriously after a bad day at work, you dont want anyone to disturb your sleep :) All the sudden, Elvira woke me up and told me to fill up an empty part of the song with some raps. It was important to finish the demo tonight, she says. I could have continued sleeping but Elvira and me go way back. I met her in college when i was 18 and still call her 'Akka' from time to time. I was surprised the management team liked what i did in 15 minutes, writing and recording the song half asleep. The demo turned out to be the final copy and the song was chosen to be the first single :)

The Shpice crew was more than just fun while we were recording the video. Big shoutout to Resh, Elvira, Adam, Tim, Shegar, and the rest who was apart of the shoot. Thank you for convincing me with the shirt and hat, haha. No blings and hoodies, right? Ok guys, i buy the word now.

Check it out yall and please please please, pass the word around. This is one of the best local video I've seen for a debut artiste. Not because im in it but shietttt, this video rocks. And the message is bigger than that.

Peace.

Yours truly,
Balan Kashmir




No comments: